Friday, April 19, 2013

My Homeschool Encouragement

Sometimes, when I'm having one of "those" days and I begin feeling weary, I need a little pick me up. Now, I know your first thought probably involved something warm, dark and comes in your choice of whole bean or ground, however, in situations like this, I need something to reenergize my spirit, rather than my body.

I need something to remind me of why I am walking this homeschool path. I wrote this for myself two years ago and meditate on it every now and then.

I hope this encourages even just one homeschooler out there!



Encouragement for mom

Why we homeschool:

  • We believe and trust that homeschooling is what God has called me to do. Not only do we believe it is He wants for His children, but we want it for them as well.
  • We are teaching for eternity.
  • We hold in high esteem, the model of individualized, versus institutionalized education.
  • We value and foster independent, critical thinking and believe it is far more valuable than memorizing and learning to perform.
  • We get to teach our children how to learn and seek answers and believe that this cultivates a love for learning.
  • Our kids have the opportunity to learn more real world skills at home and in the community, than in the confines of a school building.
  • Freedom for our children to pursue their own interests and passions.
  • Freedom for them to progress at their own pace without being labeled positively or negatively.
  • We can focus on people and service. Homeschooling promotes a strong sense of family unity and offers the chance to build relationships within the community. 
  • As their parents, no one is more committed to our children's success than we are.
  • We enjoy the endless flexibility.
  • “It takes a village to raise a child. Well, I’ve seen the village and I don’t want it raising my children.” - unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment