Thursday, March 1, 2012

Yes, it's all different

If you visited this blog before, well, yesterday, you will have noticed that everything is different. I changed the background, the layout and most importantly, the name. Why so many changes? What was wrong before? Well, I loved our blog before, the colors were bright and funky, it was totally upbeat, just like our household. However, it wasn't so much the colors as it was the name. This blog used to be called, SuperCool SmithSchool. Cute right? Yes, but I felt restricted. 

There were times when I wanted to post about topics outside of homeschool and I felt as though the blog's name limited my postings. I also had a very long stint where I didn't post at all, and while I think part of that is attributed to the fact that I am still not used to "speaking" to the hypothetical audience, I wanted to incorporate more. Upon identifying what was causing me to lose interest in the blog, I quickly made a few necessary changes.

I want the blog to continue to be fun and to chronicle our homeschool, but I also want to offer the insight and wisdom that God has shared with me in my journey of marriage, motherhood, modesty and in being a home manager. I have realized over the past few weeks, that God has been calling me to make some changes in my life. I had a realization that the changes He is calling me to make, are ones that would make me look very much like that of the woman described in Proverbs 31.

I read Proverbs 31 over and over again and I got more and more confused! Is that who God sees in me? A virtuous woman? A woman worth far more than rubies? A superwoman? But, I don't look like that woman, it must be a mistake. Then I remembered, Ephesians 2:10 which says, "For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do." What an encouragement straight from the Lord! 

I was chosen to be a mother, a wife, a homeschooler, a chef, a nurse, a maid...okay, I digress, you get the picture. Where and what I am in my life, right now, is what God had already planned for me. Wow, just wow! While all of this is amazing, it is daunting at the same time. I am a "newish" Christian, I still struggle with weakness and worldliness and at the moment, I don't know God's word, word for word, but again, I remembered, 2 Corinthians 12:9, "But he said to me, My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me."

I am motivated to be a virtuous woman, a woman whose children and husband will call blessed and praise; for the glory of the Great I Am. Will everything be peachy keen? I think not, but, if I am being called to be like the woman described, I have been given His sufficient grace and strength. I can do this, I can do this! I want to share my expedition with you; with the hopes that it can be an encouragement. I have read so many blogs and websites that have been a blessing to me. I pray that this blog can be that for you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment