We have been spoon-fed that abortion is an acceptable means to an end. The CDC said in 2009, that abortion kills more black Americans than the seven leading causes of death COMBINED! Disgusting. Just deplorable! Not that it is wiping out black babies, but babies in general! But how? How did this happen? Here are my thoughts. Feel free to chime in here.
1) You see, first, we ignore or outright deny God's Sovereignty. When one chooses to deny or ignore the fact that the Lord reigns, the truths that sex outside of marriage is sin, He knit us in our mothers' wombs and Jesus will return on judgment day, are moot points.
2) Second, we instill fear. This is a very close second. We allow the media to tell us and we tell ourselves that we can't or shouldn't have children because we don't have enough money, we aren't prepared, we will lose our freedom, our futures will be in question. We become less supportive of those who are pregnant, because all we can think of are the perceived, scary or negative aspects of having a baby.
See, number two only works with number one. When we acknowledge our Creator, who set the universe in place and feeds the birds of the air, certainly, we won't have to fear the future.
I became pregnant at 16 with my twins, and was encouraged by some to "abort". Absolutely NOT. I wasn't saved at that point, so I didn't know the biblical view on children, but I just knew that it was not okay. I whole-heartedly believe that because I showed my daughters mercy by allowing (because America says this is a choice) them to live, the Lord has showered me with His mercy and grace. Remember, mercy for the merciful.
3) Third, we sugar coat it by using euphemisms, like "termination" and "abortion". We don't want these women to feel like they are doing something wrong, something heinous. So long as they can hide behind fuzzy terms, many won't lose any sleep over it. I like to call it for exactly what it is. Murder.
Notice how even the word "baby" isn't used during pregnancy? No. They use terms like, "embryo" and "fetus" anything other than baby. The play on words is truly despicable. A "fetus" is not a parasite as some evil, brainwashed people have started to refer to them as.
4) Fourth, we sell sex like water. Dental floss as clothing, "family" channels showing teens that "hooking-up" is the norm, X-rated videos streamed to cell phones, and if your marriage is broken, don't fix it. No, go to one of the many websites for those seeking affairs. My word! Sex has never been so meaningless. The more careless one is about sex, the more sex is had, the more sex, the more pregnancies, more pregnancies...more murder.
5) Promote murder as an easy fix. Went out and got wasted one night and got yourself into some "trouble"? No problem. Easy fix, abortion. Never mind, telling these women the truth that they will probably suffer residual effects of their abortion, like deep sorrow, depression and regret.
6) Paradigm shift. Babies equal money. "Unwanted" babies that is. Being an abortionist - good Lord what a term - is by many accounts, a lucrative "profession", if you will. Kermit Gosnell is a millionaire with a lavish lifestyle, funded by those precious babies he slaughtered.
Now, I am going to do my best to keep my cool here, but there are talks about "post-birth" abortion. See, we let this thing go un-checked for far too long! This is why we need to be outraged...now! We can't be more moved by the prospect of "post-birth" abortion, because that will give the impression that one is worse than the other. It is ALL DISGUSTING. ALL MURDER! When one baby is aborted, generations are lost!
If a basket of kittens were abandoned on the side of the road, would we not be in an uproar? Now imagine if they were killed and left there. My goodness, the media coverage. Where is the uproar for human babies?? Where is it? Babies are blessings made in the image of God. Love in the physical manifest.
We need to get back to the basics. We need to embrace and encourage biblical values and morals. Marriage as a precursor to sex, children as the blessings and reward that God says they are. Let's get to where there are no "unwanted" babies. In the meanwhile, let's get outraged!
Please remember and rest in the truth that, Jesus is the redeemer and Deliverer. He can make it all brand new. "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." 1 John 1:9